Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I DON'T GIVE A DAMN

 

BLOG -MARCH 2021

 

I don’t care.

Or, more to the point, I don’t give a damn.

I may have lost some readers with that.

I hope not.

But as I start this latest blog outlining some future projects, I thought I should put a little personal stuff here. Because, while I may not have spelled it out in great detail, what this really is, is an author’s blog. It is more about who and what I am and why I write what I write than a traditional blog.

As you probably know if you’ve followed my work, I haven’t made any secret of writing what I want to write. In a very few cases I’ve followed readers advice or tips. But mostly whether it is editorial direction or reader input, I listen but unless I have to, I general ignore comments from anyone. When I was sending out short stories I got one detailed editorial critique of my plot from an interested editor. I might have sold, but I didn’t  like his take as much as my own so it never sold. UNTIL decades later when I included it in my Zymmerian anthology.

When I was writing for an adult sex site a lot of people loved my stories. More than a few people hated them. Not only did I get fairly honest criticisms, but I got a lot of personal shit like  ‘you’re gay, you’re a cuck, you’re not a real man.’ That rolled off my back until years later when a few assholes that seemed to really, really hate me made me a little uncomfortable when it appeared that they had made semi-serious efforts to track me down, find out where I lived.

Not to come off as too macho – and no matter how tough you are – when a guy shows up at your door with a .38 or .45 you are probably history. BUT…while I didn’t have the sense to be afraid for me… when you have a family who didn’t ask for any of this shit, they are literally hostages to fortune. At one time that would have seemed impossibly melodramatic, but over time it’s been proven that fans with a grudge or a crush are the greatest danger any creative person or person in the public eye can have.

It doesn’t have to be THAT dramatic a reaction to have an impact. I know I’ve written about this before, but it stuck in my mind. When I had just started writing for  the adult sex site, I read a novel by a female author. It was about a woman who was seduced by a low life, cheated on her good husband, and then left him. Her lover got her into using and smuggling drugs and her life went into the toilet. BUT, she was eventually able to pull herself out and made a new life for herself. She met up with her husband again, they turned the low life over to the cops and the woman and her husband had a second chance. I thought it was a good story.

But a lot of fans of this site are men who have been hurt by women or just plain don’t like women. A cheating wife or woman has to be punished, a lot of times death is the penalty. When the above story came out they deluged the writer, constantly attacking her and her real-life husband. So she vanished. As far as I could tell she never wrote anything for the site again. You don’t have to kill or physically attack someone to drive them into the shadows.

Which is why I don’t give a damn.

 People  are welcome to love or hate anything I write. I’d rather they love my writing. When I first started writing adult stories, I received responses that literally brought tears to my eyes. From these messages I know that stories can literally lift people’s spirits. I hope that at least a few of my stories and novels have helped or inspired human beings I will never have the chance to meet in this life.

A FEW PERSONAL SECRETS;

In a little bit I’ll give you an advance look at what I have coming. But first:

I was a virgin until I was 22 years old. Introverted, shy, never dated, never had any relationships of any kind. And then I graduated and went to work for a newspaper.

AND LEARNED THE GREAT TRUTH OF LIFE.

Women, particularly when they get beyond their teen years – WANT TO HAVE SEX!!

And particularly, if you can learn to talk, the world opens up to you.

There are a few other great truths of life that I will probably relate at some future time but that’s enough for you to process right now.

AS TO THE FUTURE:





These are only stories i have done and ready to post on Amazon. 'We Went Out Last Night" has already had its first part published.Some people like it. I hope some will like the second installment.

"The Last Goodbye"  has already been published on Literotica but i assume a lot of people never saw it. i think its a good story.

"Message Found in Fortune Cookie" is a darker piece. The fortune cookie is real. I actually got it with a Chinese meal. And unlike most of my writing, it actually has a theme or moral. Most of my writing can really be boiled down to that 70s piece of wisdom titled "Never Marry A Pretty Woman." I never really aspired to DEEP writing. But i think this one has a true message - one that applies to men and women alike.

A FEW NEW ITEMS.

When you see this blog you may notice some differences. First I'm sending it by G-mail to a lot of people. There's a button to respond and leave your aol (preferably) or g-mail email address. I've been writing for  long time, It would be nice to have an updated mail list. Secondly, feel free to leave any comments about anything. I'd like to for once keep something going and get a regular blog running.

Finally I'm going to try to be more responsive and a hell of a lot more productive. i've always pretty much assumed I'm going to live forever. As you may know I recently learned that I'm not going to. And the woman I've spent my life with is dying by inches. It's not fair or right, But, that's life. If you're with someone you love, hold them tight. They'll be gone one day..


8 comments:

  1. Can you give us a status on "WWWM5". Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. DQS, so very good to hear from you. I've truly enjoyed all of your writing. You're a brilliant story teller that makes his readers get invested in the story through your thoughtful and interesting characters. I hope some day you complete your body of work and finish WWWM!

    Best wishes to you and your family, you are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan man and although I eagerly await the next WWWM I have long wondered if there will ever be closure for Paul/Paula and Gail/Richard? Please lemme know

    ReplyDelete
  4. DQS - Read the part about the 'woman of your life' is dying. Hope all as well as it can be. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Steele - In all honesty, I started WWWM as a short on that site but it went on and on and I couldn't put it down. Then found it on Amazon and couldn't believe it! Bought them all and wait! OMG, it's not done! Anyway, 5 stars! Best of luck in everthing, including the dark hints in your post.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daniel
    Always a pleasure to read anything from you , from your blog to anyone of your stories
    I have enjoy everyone and have read some 4 times over, I do hope I get to read the end of WWWM someday soon
    I have all your stories tucked away ...thank you for writing them
    I wish you all the best in life and in love . Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DQS... great stories and great writing. I enjoyed when we were married and would like to read book 5 if it is available? Many thanks and keep writing !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daniel Q S, could you please inform us in however vague or lucid a style you may wish about what particular afflictions are eroding away the (precious, to us humbled fans of yours) lives of your soul-mate, if you will, and yourself?
    We could then subject and remember you both even more reverently in our prayers. We'll always pray that whatever these afflictions are that they be not as incurable as they are made out to be and she/they who has probably inspired so much of your life activities thus far manages to break through the madness of new-age diseases of the now and somehow lives on for their and for your sakes.
    Thank you for the memories to come.

    ReplyDelete