Thursday, August 29, 2019

ALL ABOUT DEBBIE #3


  1. Who are you?

I am Debra Bascomb/formerly Maitland. I am the administrator of the Public Defenders Office in Jacksonville, Florida, covering the three county circuit of Duval, Clay and Nassau Counties. I was formerly Associate Professor of Business at the University of North Florida until my asshole ex-husband destroyed my career.

  1. Are you the hero of your own story?

From where I’m standing, yes. The author gives that position to my ex, Bill Maitland, because he’s got the sexy job of prosecutor with the State Attorney’s Office in Jacksonville. But his story is my story, and if there was any justice, it would be my story because I’m the best thing that ever happened to Bill. And he’s the one that destroyed our marriage and blighted my life, no matter how sorry for himself he’s feeling.

  1. What is your problem in the story?

I fell in love with a short, insecure guy who has never trusted me, not really, in 20 years. He may say he has, but deep down I know he’s just been waiting for me to go to another guy to walk out on me. And when he did walk out on me, and destroyed my career at the same time, I gave him what he’d been wanting. I found a young stud and I didn’t regret one minute of it. So I divorced him and what did the sorry bastard do but slim down and get hot and start having women all over the courthouse and hook up with this gorgeous French bitch who drives me crazy. It is not fair. He’s moving on, and I thought I was too, but he’s still messed up my head so bad I’m seeing a psychiatrist to find out why I want to kill him. That’s my problem. I want to move on and make a life without him, and it’s so much harder than I thought it would be.

  1. How do you see yourself?

I’m a good person. I was a good daughter, even if I was screwed up royally as a teen. But getting 38 d breasts when your friends are in training bras has a habit of doing that to you. (They grew to 38dd). I am a good mother. I was mother and father to our two children for most of their lives. St. Bill was nowhere to be found. I met an awkward, nerdy guy in college and chose him over guys that were better in bed and better looking and better life choices because I fell in love with him. I saved his ass from being kicked out of school because he’d lost weeks from injuries he suffered coming to my rescue. I gave up my dreams and worked to put him through law school because he came from genteel poverty and he never had to worry about money when I was working for the Hunt Bank. I saved his college career, I gave him his legal career and along the way I gave him the best sex he’ll ever have in his life, even with that bitch Aline des-Jardins. I was a faithful wife way beyond what anyone who knew what our bedroom was like would ever expect. And when I finally reached out to find some happiness for myself with a gorgeous young Assistant Professor Doug Baker, Bill destroyed my career and Doug’s in one night. Without even trying hard. And the asshole had the nerve to feel like he was the one that got screwed over.

  1. How do your friends see you?

I don’t have many friends. Men can’t take their eyes off my boobs and can’t stop trying to grab a feel. Old guys. Young guys. Friends of my son and daughter. If they have a penis, they’re making moves on me. The best male friend I ever had wanted me and had me, but he saw me as a person instead of a pair of big tits. He saw me as a professional who had made a career for myself and had the right to break away from a marriage that was killing me. He just thought I had made mistakes in the way I went about it. He’s gone now and I miss him more than anyone I never loved. Maybe I did, a little.

I don’t have many female friends. None of them trust me with their husbands or boyfriends. As if that’s my fault. If they can’t keep their men happy, that’s on me? The entire time I was with Bill I never cheated on him. Well, that’s not EXACTLY true. But the two times I touched another man I never….did anything girls don’t do in junior high. And the one man that I almost made a mistake with that I would have regretted, I was able to stop and walk away from. And trust me, there are not many women in Jacksonville that could say that. But, I do have one good female friend. Evelyn Criser is almost as hot as I am, so she’s not jealous and she understands what we go through with men from 7 to 70.

Flat chested ugly bitches see me as the evil seductress that lies awake plotting how to steal their old, bald, fat lovers. As if. Men I wouldn’t have looked at twice get their feelings hurt if I don’t drop and beg them to let me given them a blow job. As if I owe them sex just because they want it. Take it from me, being beautiful and hot is something I’d never give up, but it can be a royal pain in the ass.

  1. What are your achievements?

I am an Associate Professor of Business at a major state university. Starting later than anybody I work with, I still made it up the ladder, played the political game, wrote the papers, did the research on corporate organization and almost made to full professor status before Bill blew me out the water. I was a good teacher, better than most around me because I knew what life in the real business world is really like and I did my best to prepare students for what they’d face when they walked into working offices.

I helped my ‘friend’ Bill get his undergraduate degree, worked my ass off to pay for his law school education, married him, gave him two children, went to their activities and cheered for them and played mother and father when they really needed two parents. And I tried, I really tried, to talk to him after our split, to ease the pain that he had to feel because he still loved me. But he wouldn’t talk to me, and he wouldn’t listen. But I reached out to him.

9. Who is your true love?

There’s only been one – Bill Maitland. And there probably won’t ever be another one like him. Maybe that’s a good thing. Because I think sometimes he almost killed me, even though I dumped him. Maybe we ought to settle for comfortable friendship and convenient lust, because love hurts entirely too much

10. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you rather be stranded with, a man or a woman?

If it was going to be for a month or less, a woman. It would be relaxing not to have to go through the whole man/woman thing for a while. More than a month, a man. Hot hopefully. I’ve gone too long without sex and I don’t want to make a habit of it

11. How do you envision your future?

Hopefully I’ll find another man to love and share my life with. Hopefully I’ll finally be able to shake off the anger and rage and emotions that Bill still rouses in me and realize he’s not the most important part of my life anymore. He’ll always be important, because of our children. And because he is a good man and truly one of a kind. But I don’t want him to be my heart. I want to be happy without him. And I want to raise our son and daughter to make good marriages and make Bill and I proud grandparents. And most of all, I never want them to read the emails between Doug and I before my marriage to Bill crashed and burned.


8 comments:

  1. Still a self centered adolescent at heart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactely, this doesn't paint her in any better light. The major problem with her is that she feels kind of way to selfish of a character.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like Deb in WWWM1 or 2; not much like the evolving character from 3. Still, it a fairly ugly bit of insight into how her mind worked (or works?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you finish the story of Bill and Debbie. I read it on a ten hour plane ride and I truly loved it. I hope you are well and continue to write as I believe you are a great story teller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is sad that such a good character is despicted in such a low ligth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing about her is that as much as she really hurts the main character you still somehow hope she realizes how responsible she is for it all, not 100%, but certainly more than she has ever admitted. If she truly realizes it and appreciates the mix that the old and new Bill have turned into then I would see where they could end up together. Anything other than her after such an epiphany or Aline ending up with the main character in this story would be disappointing. Artists like to sometimes throw curves but I don’t see it as viable in this story. We shall see though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I am re-reading 'The Long Fall' and I noticed something now with a better perspective, I don't think that Debbie ever intended to divorce William, even less that she ever stopped loving him. At the beginning where she has her slip of tongue her reaction is not of someone that eithers is done with her marriage nor that has no feelings for her husband, her first instinc is to reasure him that everything is ok. She even stated that she loves him more at that point that she has done before, I am sure she doesn't believe those words at the time conciously, but as William said at times the unconcious mind will let out what the concious mind wants to hide. Then there is the fact that after asking for divorce, she can't stop either thinking about him, or going to him, no matter what he is doing or going through. She says is guilt but it feels more like an act of someone not ready to let it go. I believe she actually freaked out because she realize that despite loving Bill like she has never loved anyone else, she wants to have sex with other men wich is not that uncommon really, that you love someone doesn't mean that you stop desire other people, one just doesn't need to act on such a desire. But that conflict for her is problaly what lead her to believe she didn't love him anymore because thats the only reasoning for her to want other men when she is still with him. Obviously her actions spell another thing completely, and yes his absense from their marriage did impulse such a reaction from her I won't deny the fault that Will carries with him with that. So Poor Debbie freaked out with all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie has control of any man but Bill.
    Debbie has unconditional love for Bill.
    Debbie does not understand yet why she has to pick one.
    As Debbie ages, she looses control and is left with unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete